Sunday, August 31, 2008

Kick Back!

During my years of working life, I received many small kick backs and I am going to describe two of them to my fellow Malaysians so that they know some of the hanky pankies in the country.

A college in Terengganu planned to build a mosque for its students. The public came to know about it. A man approached me and he said he could offer a chandelier for the mosque for a cool RM75,000.00 of which RM5000-00 would be my share. Unfortunately / Fortunately the college canceled the plan.

On another occasion I placed an order for RM40,000-00 worth of electrical equipment at a local shop,. Later when I went to the shop, I started admiring a Yamaha Electric Organ on display. I didn't admire it on purpose! The manager asked me to take it home although I told him I could not afford it.. He insisted and I obliged. What does the law say about all this unsolicited gifts

Today I wonder how much is the kick back for the purchase of a fighter jet or a submarine

No comments: