Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ignorant Americans

Americans refuse to learn the name system of Muslims. They keep reffering to that al Queda leader as "bin Laden" which actually mean "The son of Laden". The leader's real name is "Osama". The name system in Islam is Given Name followed by the father's name. I had the same problem in America. They kept calling me by my father's name every time.

American are probably not aware of food restriction imposed on Muslim. We Muslim do not take pork. We do not even touch the plate that has been used to serve pork.

Once a professor invited us for tea. He served us pizza with pork topping. We told him we did not eat pork and his reply "Don't worry, I'll remove it". When he was busy fixing the drinks in the kitchen, I stuffed the pizza into my back pack leaving a small portion for the professor. When he brought out the drinks, he was delighted to see the plates almost empty.

No comments: