Friday, August 8, 2008

Chief White Cloud

When I was in school I remember reading a letter from Chief White Cloud to the America president. In the letter, the Chief said white men didn't understand that trees, lakes, mountains etc. were brothers of the red men (Indians). The Chief wrote the letter because all that the white men wanted was more and more Indian lands. I too didn't understand what the Chief meant until much later when I started reading the Quran. I discovered that every thing on earth, living or non living with no exception, was created by God and I am also included in this creation. Every thing is subsevient to Him and forever extolling His glory. In this sense every thing is my brethren and I am living in a big family that fills up the whole universe. I am indeed a part of the greater scheme of things.

When I pray I can feel that my brethren, sand, leaves and birds are praying with me and the prayer resonates through out the universe heading towards God. Prayer becomes a pleasure and ceases to be a dull monotonous routine

No comments: