Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cancer Scare

One morning I discovered I could not read the newspaper. Every word in print appeared double. I covered my right eye and the prints became normal again- no more double vision. Thinking that the lens of the spectacles had gone out of alignment, I took it to the optician to get the alignment checked. The optician discovered that it was my eye ball that became misaligned. He said there was a tumor that was pushing the eye ball out.

I went to the hospital for further test. In the mean time I also went to see Ustaz Husin , a religious teacher who lived in Marang. He placed his fore finger on my eyelid and started reciting verses from the Holy Quran. He also asked me to repeat the procedure at home after each daily prayer.

A week later I went to the hospital again. This time they put me in a scanning machine. It was scary. Suppose the doctor discovered I had cancer... The only thing I could do while inside the machine was to recite the verses given to me earlier. It was done in full faith of God's promise that He would respond to any distress call for help from His creatures

When I came out of the machine, the doctor smiled and gave me the OK sign. I asked him to repeat it in words. He obliged

No comments: