Saturday, July 12, 2008

Biblical Names

When I was a student in New Zealand way back in 1974, I and a friend spent one week end with a kiwi family on a farm some where near Palmerston. During dinner time my host happened to mentioned some names from the Bible. He was surprised when I told him those names also appeared in the Quraan. I am listing down those names as they appear in the Bible and the Quraan.

In the Bible In the Quraan
Adam, Eve Adam, Hawa
Enoch Idris
Noah Nuh
Hud Hud
Lot Luth
Salih Salih
Abraham Ibrahim
Ishmael Ismail
Isaac Ishak
Jacob Yakkub
Joseph Yusof
Shuyb Shuib
Aaron Harun
Moses Musa
David Daud
Solomon Sulaiman
Job Ayub
Ezekiel Zulkifli
Jonah Yunus
Elias Elias
Elija Al Yasa
Zachariah Zakaria
John Yahya
Jesus Isa
Muhammad (not mentioned)
Hagar Hajar
Sarah Sarah
Mary Mariam

Is this coincidence or plagarism or do they come from a common source?

No comments: