Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fasting

There is a little angel and a little devil in each of us. During fasting month we should make an effort to subdue the little devil and make a conscientious effort to keep up with what the little angel is telling us

Fasting is ordained to all the prophets. The Bible (Matthew) says " A fasting man should wash his face so that others do not know he is fasting. Fasting should be seen by God only" Moses too fast for ten days to cleanse himself prior to receiving the Torah"Jesus too fasted for forty days when he was led up by the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil"

Today I think younger Christians do not observe fasting. Once I worked in a restaurant in United States. The manager asked me why I was not eating. I told him I was fasting and he laughed "You are just like my grand mother" he said. So I take it older Christians do fast.

No comments: