Friday, April 25, 2008

A Letter to Chuck Flagg

Dear Mr.Flagg:

I am a retired teacher with a passion for Abrahamic religions. I find your article on the Koraan interesting. I am writing to tell you that I find all the monotheist religions, Islam, Christianity and Judaism intriguing because I believe all these great religions come from the same source - God the Almighty through His messengers Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. For us Muslims, it is an article of faith that we believe in all the revealed books, the Koraan, the Bible and the Torah - in their original forms. They share many things in common. For instance both the Koraan and the Old Testament go into great length describing the misdemeanor of the children of Israel. Both described Abraham's eldest son, Ishmael, who dwelt in the valley of Bakkah (Mecca) to found the tribe that later produced Muhammad - the last messenger. I wonder whether you realized it that Muslims, Christians and Jews were once brethern but unfortunately today they are no longer so. This is the cause of all the ills in the world today. I am saddened by anti-Islam statements made by some church leaders in America. It only proves their ignorance of Islam. I salute America's commitment to knowledge. For example they know so much about the atom but know very little about the Koraan.

I am a bible-reading Muslim and I hope there will be Koraan-reading Christians in the future. The world is splitting apart by religious ignorance. Lets try to stop the split.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Yours sincerely


Ahmad Sirajudin

No comments: