Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christian / Muslim Prayer

I wrote to a Christian web site to find more about the religion. They sent a reply which I reproduce below:
"Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins, please forgive my sins and give me the gift of eternal life.I ask you to be in to my heart to be my lord and savior. I want to serve you always"
I would like to take the prayer apart into shorter segments and comment on each.
1. I believe you are the son of God.... This amounts to bringing down the status of God to that of a human being He created. Human begets and begotten but not God.
2. thank you for dying on the cross..... Well, the Quran says, he didn't
3. for my sins ......nobody bears the sin of another. Only God can forgive sin and no one else.
4. give me the gift of eternal life--eternal life is found only in paradise. Admission is at the pleasure of God and no one else
5. I ask you into my life....God is offended if you ask a lesser person instead of Him into your life
6. I want to serve you always .....God takes offence if you serve another person. The Old Testament talks of "Jealous God"
A Muslim would replace this Christian prayer with "O God I believe in You.Thank you for all the good things I am blessed with. I ask for your forgiveness. Please place me among those who received Your guidance. I ask you O God to come into my life and be my savior.I want to serve you always O God. Amen"

1 comment:

eMMa said...

"Jealous God" - that is soo human and soo unlikeGod. the testmament is obviously wrong on saying God could get jealous. there's the concept of ADIL, which is putting everything at its place. God should be the one to turn to and everything, it is only ADIL. God does not get jealous. they need a better concept. it's sad to hear they think god could get jealous. i feel sorry for them.