Thursday, December 11, 2008

President elect Obama

President elect Obama will finally take his middle name, Hussein, out of the closet and put it back where it once belonged. I admire his gut. So in the coming inauguration day next month, he would be saying "I Barack Hussein Obama........"I am looking forward to seeing it on TV.

President elect Obama, not only has a Muslim middle name but his first and last name as well. "Barack" is short for "Mubarak" a common name in Egypt while "Obama" is "Ubama" in the Arab speaking world.

I still think that Obama is a Muslim because he has a Muslim father regardless of whether the father practised Islam or not. A child born to a Muslim father automatically becomes a Muslim. No baptism is required. A Muslim remains a Muslim as long as he believes in Allah and Muhammad his prophet. How does one "unbelieve" what he has believed? He must have learned the rudiment of Islam in Indonesia and that includes belief in Allah and Muhammad. This is a personal matter between him and Allah. We should not interfere

I am aware it is none of my business to discuss Obama's faith. I am only trying to prove to the Americans that Islam is not as bad as they think

No comments: