Friday, February 27, 2009

Technically wrong but justifiable

When I hit 50, I worked for 3 years with a statutory body of the state government. The CEO there used his official car for personal use such as taking his kids to school and other chores. His driver told me this because his kids too went to school together with the boss's kids. No body complained then. Today however there is a lot of complaint about a certain menteri besar who used his personal car as an official car and gets the government to pay for its maintenance. Its technically wrong but nevertheless justifiable. The amount is relatively small compared to what Terengganu used to pay for maintenance of its Perdana fleet.

As for the purchase of cattle for "Korban" its perfectly alright to pay from public fund. The cattle was meant for public consumption and it does not really matter where they were consumed.

I am no fan of PKR but I resent calls for menteri besar's resignation the same way I object for calls for Liz Wong to step down

No comments: