Saturday, June 28, 2008

What the Bible contains

I have always been curious about what the Bible says. So early this year I asked Mona to get a copy of it in Kuala Lumpur. I managed to skim through it and based on the results of my skimming, I think I could divide the contents into 5 categories:

1. Words of God
2. Words of prophets of Bani Israel recognized by Islam such as Abraham Isaac, Ishmael,
Moses, Jesus, David etc.
3. Words of Apostles not recognized by Islam such as Paul, Mark, Mathew etc.
4. Words of historians and biographers
5. Words of fiction writers who tried to make biblical stories more interesting such as Adam
hearing the foot steps of God in the garden. The bible also contains such ungodly stories
of sex and incest committed by prophets

Unlike Christians, Muslim put their books under separate covers. Words of God are recorded in the Quraan while words of the prophets, in Hadith

I will come back to this topic later

1 comment:

eMMa said...

ema tukar layout blog abah. hope you like it!! good job with breaking down the bible into categories!!
proud of u. ^_^