Sunday, May 18, 2008

For Aida

Awareness of Allah comes at different level to different people. This awareness level can be as low as 2%. I know this mathematical expression is difficult to quantify. Its validity therefore is questionable. May be it would be easier to grasp if we use a different method of assessment. Lets say,on a scale of 1 to 10, a person's awareness level is at 1.5 and this is low. How do you assess you awareness level then?

A person may be aware of Allah all the time but that does not mean his awareness level is at the top. Higher awareness is determined by two factors:

First the duration of awareness whether it is all the time or once in a while.
The intensity of awareness in your conciousness.

High awareness is a beautiful experience because you can feel the presence of Allah. I would like to relate an incident that happened many years ago while I was driving from Dungun to Kuala Terengganu on one moonlit night. It was at about 1.30. I started saying Subhanallah the way Raihan did. Then I became aware of God's presence. Everything turned beautiful. It was as if I was driving in a place I had never been before in spite of the fact that I have been traveling along that road for years and years.

It is not difficult to achieve high awareness because Allah says He would help anybody achieve this awareness of Him, if he or she wants it. All that one has to do is to make a statement before
God that he/she wants this awareness installed into his conciousness.

Allah is real and it is as real as Petronas Twin Towers
Allah is all seeing because He says so. Would you doubt His words? It is like an orbiting sattelite
taking photographs of everything in its path. Allah hears. He hears your prayer and your supplications. He hears the words you utter and the words that you do not utter.He says so. Doubt not His words

Allah is benevolent (caring) He wants everybody to get to heaven. This is the impression I get after reading the Quraan. But one of course has to stick to the rules He prescribed

Many of the blunders I did in my younger days were caused by this absence of this conciousness
of Allah.

No comments: